Our trained, certified staff can’t wait to serve up a delicious meal for our campers! Many parents are concerned that their kids aren’t going to like camp food, we understand. Rest assured, at Green Hill Lake Camp, your child will have a meal that abides by the following principles:
- It will be delicious. A little extra care and a lot of fun go into our food at the Lake. We’re confident that your camper will love what we are serving up. We will make sure that even the pickest of eaters leave happy and full.
- It will be nutritous. All of our meals are planned and prepared in accordance with Canada’s Food Guide to ensure your camper stays happy and healthy all week long. Every meal will have some selection including fresh veggies, and there is always some fresh and local produce available for a snack.
- It will be prepared properly. Our Food Services Manager and assistant cook are both certified in safe food handing practices. Both bring years of professional food preparation to the table.
- It will keep your camper’s dietary needs in mind. All of our meals are prepared and served in a nut-free facility*, and we will do everything we can to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their meals, including those who have sensitivities and restrictions to things like gluten, lactose, food dyes, etc. If you have any doubts, feel free to call our office!
Here’s a sampling of what a menu contains:
– Pancakes, Sausages, & Fresh Fruit
– Ham Egg & Cheese McMuffins, Hashbrowns, & Fresh Fruit
– Cereal, Fresh Baked Muffins, & Fruit
– Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Soup and Salad
– Load up your own sandwiches!
– Meatballs, Rice, & Egg Rolls
– Lasagna, Ceaser Salad, & Garlic Bread
*Green Hill Lake Camp strives to be a 100% nut free facility – meaning all of our meals are prepared with ingredients that contain no nuts and are from nut free facilities. This includes nuts like peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc., and all tree nuts including coconuts. All guests are asked to leave any snacks that may contain nuts, traces of nuts, or are processed in facilities that may contain nuts at home.